Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024: The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships for 2024 represent the premier scholarship opportunity for international students in Ireland, encompassing all academic disciplines. The program’s participants are notable for showcasing world-class potential as future research leaders. The Ireland Scholarship for 2024 extends equal opportunities to individuals of all nationalities. The Irish Research Council collaborates with businesses, civil society organizations, and government bodies to harness the full potential of researchers’ skills, expertise, and talent, thus delivering maximum societal benefits. The primary aim of this grant is to nurture candidates’ capabilities, enabling them to better serve the community. The degree programs under this scholarship will be conducted in the English language.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is a distinguished national initiative administered by the Council and funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science. The Ireland Government Scholarship 2024 Program stands out within the Irish research landscape, providing support alongside other funding opportunities for postgraduate education in Ireland. Exceptional research achievements by students will be rewarded with prestigious awards. This program finances a diverse range of accomplished individual researchers at various stages of their careers, prioritizing investment in discovery research and innovative ideas aimed at addressing significant societal challenges.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship: Overview
|Name of the scholarship||Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024|
|Programs||Masters and PhD|
|Deadline||12 October 2023|
The scholarships for international students in Ireland for the year 2024 are provided by the Department of Education and Skills and administered by the Government of Ireland’s Council.
- Research master’s degree
- Structured research master’s degree
- Traditional doctoral degree
- Structured doctoral degree
The duration of study ranges from one to four years, depending on the type of degree being pursued and the date of initial registration, if applicable.
- Government of Ireland Research Master’s Degree Scholarship Duration: 1 Year
- Government of Ireland Structured Research Master’s Scholarship Duration: 2 Years
- Government of Ireland Traditional Doctoral Degree Scholarship Duration: 3 Years
- Government of Ireland Structured Doctoral Scholarship Duration: 4 Years
|Call open||31 August 2023|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 05 October 2023|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 12 October 2023|
|Supervisor /Mentor deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 19 October 2023|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 26 October 2023|
|Call outcome||April 2024|
|Award start date||1 September 2024|
Eligible fields for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship:
- Humanities and Arts
- General Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
Eligible Universities under the Government of Ireland Scholarship 2024:
- Atlantic Technological University
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- South East Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- University of Limerick
Benefits of the Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
- The student will receive a stipend of €19,000 per year.
- The scholarship will enclose with the tuition fee.
- The student will be granted research expenses of €3,250 per year.
- Individual, substantial rewards will be bestowed upon exceptional research candidates in their own names.
- Global, independent expert peer evaluation will be conducted as part of an objective selection process.
- The candidates will have the opportunity to study at Ireland’s world-leading universities.
- The scholarship will also cover non-European Union fees for candidates, which may amount to up to €5,750.
Eligibility Criteria of Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- Applicants of any age are eligible to apply for the Ireland scholarship.
- Before accessing an application form, all applicants must complete and pass an eligibility test on the online application system.
- All applicants must be affiliated with one of the eligible universities listed above.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree when applying for a Master’s program and a Master’s Degree when applying for a PhD program.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Academic referees and supervisors must provide positive evaluations of the applicants.
- To be considered, applicants must not have previously failed twice in their applications for the same program. This requirement applies regardless of whether the applicant’s host institution or research topic has changed since their last submission.
- Students waiting for their Results can also apply, but they must obtain provisional certificates from their home institutions.
- Applicants must have first-class or upper-second-class degrees.
- Applicants seeking a research master’s degree or a doctoral degree must not possess or have previously held an Irish Research Council scholarship.
- All applicants must have a willing supervisor who can guide them on their research projects during their studies in Ireland.
- Candidates with research topics related to the following subjects are encouraged to apply:
- Human modification (except for cancer research)
- The production of human embryos.
How to Apply for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
- Apply online for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Program 2023 using the online application platform. Hard copies or email application forms will not be accepted.
- For supervision of an admission letter, try to contact relevant academics from Ireland’s higher education institutions as listed above (strongly suggested to contact but without this, you can apply as well).
- Applications are expected to be entirely the applicant’s own work, i.e., no plagiarism.
- Transcripts must be appropriately stamped and signed to confirm that they are official documents of the institution.
- Applications are only accepted in either English or Irish.
- The candidates must make an account in order to access the application.
- Once the applicant has to fill out the application form, supervisor form, and referee form on the given specimen.
Required Documents for the Government of Ireland Scholarships
- Educational documents
- Study Plan/Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- Copy of Passport
- Supervision details (if any)
- Recommendation forms
- Language proof (if any)
- Additional documents if any