The global non-governmental, non-profit organization known as the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) runs the IAESTE internship program, which benefits students, employers, and universities. Professional experience and cross-cultural skills are gained by students through paid internships abroad. Talented international interns, who bring new impulses and insights to their business or research, are provided by IAESTE to employers and universities. While primarily offering STEM internships, IAESTE also extends its reach to other fields like marketing, management, and languages.
In this blog, the numerous benefits of IAESTE internships, including firsthand experiences of students who have embraced the challenge of working in unfamiliar environments, adapting to new cultures, and building lifelong connections, are aimed to be shed light upon, whether you’re a student eager to explore the world while gaining invaluable work experience or an employer seeking top talent from diverse backgrounds.
IAESTE: International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience
|Article Name||IAESTE Internship Programme|
|Provided By||The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience|
|Award Funding||3407 CHF/ month (3,12,964 INR)|
|Work Duration||16-52 weeks|
|Deadline||14th June 2023|
Courses available for IAESTE Scholarship
- Civil Engineering, Geology and Mining
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Sciences and Engineering
- Communication, Journalism and Related Programs
- Business Management
- Business Management & Marketing
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Being a citizen of a CERN Member or Associate Member State is required.
- Proficiency in English or French at B1 or B2 level is required.
- Having already completed 1.5 years of study in the current academic course is required.
How to apply online application for IAESTE Scholarship?
Open internships can be searched for and applications can be made accordingly through the portal. The IAESTE committee should be contacted. Acceptance by the employer must be obtained. The documents required for the application are as follows:
- Copy of the most recent academic transcript giving an overview of grades
- Reference letters from a current university professor or a previous internship
- Enrollment certificate.
Here are the essential documents for your IAESTE application. Additional documents may be required for certain countries, and you will be notified accordingly.
- Cover Letter: A good cover letter should reference the internship/company, state the reasons why you want to intern at that specific employer, why you think you are a good candidate.
- Curriculum Vitae: You will need an up-to-date CV that includes any work or professional experience you may have had.
- List of degree course modules: A list of your degree course modules for each of your university years. These do not have to be an official transcript unless specifically requested by the employer.
- Certificate of enrolment: In order to confirm your student status, you will need to provide an official certificate of enrollment from your university.
- Proof of insurance: All IAESTE interns are required to have suitable insurance to cover them for the period of their internship. IAESTE recommends our partner, Swisscare’s Student Pass insurance which is designed for students doing internships. You can get a quote here.
IAESTE internships offer students personal growth, cultural immersion, and professional development. It challenges them, expands their global perspective, and creates lasting memories, skills, and friendships.
Employers benefit from IAESTE interns by gaining fresh talent, diverse perspectives, and international collaboration. These interns bring unique skills, innovative ideas, and a global mindset that can propel businesses forward.
Consider an IAESTE internship for a transformative journey of broadening horizons, developing professional skills, and building international connections. IAESTE provides a supportive and well-structured program for a satisfying experience.
IAESTE Internship FAQ’s
Q. What is IAESTE?
A. IAESTE is the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience. It provides paid internships abroad for students studying science, engineering, technology, and applied arts.
Q. Who can apply for IAESTE internships?
A. IAESTE internships are primarily open to full-time students in technical fields. Generally, students in their second year of study or above are eligible to apply.
Q. Are IAESTE internships paid?
A. Yes, IAESTE internships are paid. The salary or stipend amount varies based on the host country and the employer, aiming to cover the students’ living expenses during the internship.
Q. How long do IAESTE internships last?
A. IAESTE internships typically range from 4 to 12 weeks, depending on the specific opportunity and agreement between the employer and intern.
Q. Are IAESTE internships only available during summer?
A. No, IAESTE internships are available throughout the year. While summer internships are popular, opportunities exist in other seasons based on employer needs and project availability.
Q. Is prior work experience required for IAESTE internships?
A. Prior work experience is not always required, but some internships may have specific skill or knowledge requirements. Relevant coursework or practical experience can enhance applicants’ chances of selection.
Q. Can I receive academic credit for an IAESTE internship?
A. Many universities recognize the value of IAESTE internships and allow students to receive academic credit. It is recommended to consult your university’s study abroad or internship office for specific policies and procedures.