Singapore Government Scholarship 2023 (SINGA): SINGA is a fully funded scholarship program that offers international students the opportunity to pursue a master’s degree, master’s leading to PhD, or direct PhD in Singapore after completing a 4-year undergraduate degree program. This Singapore Scholarship covers all expenses, making it an excellent opportunity for students around the world. With SINGA, you can study at some of the top universities in Singapore, without the need for an IELTS exam. Fully funded scholarships like SINGA have been eagerly awaited by students worldwide, and this program provides an excellent chance to pursue higher education in a globally renowned institution. Students from any country are eligible to apply for the SINGA Scholarship 2023, and further information is available below.
Singapore Government Scholarship 2023 (SINGA): Overview
|Scholarship Name||Singapore Government Scholarship (SINGA)|
|SINGA Full Form||Singapore International Graduate Award|
|Scholarship For||Masters, Masters Leading to PhD|
|No. of Scholarships||240 Scholarships Around the World|
|Deadline||1st June 2023|
Why should you apply for a Singapore Scholarship (SINGA) to study in Singapore?
There are several reasons why you should consider applying for a SINGA Scholarship to study in Singapore, including:
- It is a fully funded scholarship program run by the government.
- The scholarship is currently open for the 2023/24 intake.
- SINGA has already awarded over 950 scholarships, proving its success.
- The scholarship is open to applicants from over 170 countries, providing an excellent opportunity for a diverse range of individuals.
Financial Support for Students
The following financial benefits are provided to students:
- Full coverage of tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2200, which increases to S$2,700 upon passing the Qualifying Examination
- One-time grant of up to S$1,500* for airfare
- One-time allowance of S$1,000* for settling in expenses.
Universities Affiliated with the Singapore Scholarship
The Singapore Government Scholarship (SINGA) is available at four of the leading universities in Singapore. These institutions are:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
Applicants who receive the SINGA Scholarship can choose to study at any of these universities, each of which is known for its excellence in research, teaching, and innovation.
Singapore Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The eligibility criteria for the Singapore International Graduate Scholarship are as follows:
- The scholarship is available to all graduates from any nationality or origin.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Positive recommendations from academic referees are necessary.
- Applicants may submit IELTS, TOEFL, SAT I & II, or GATE results, although it is optional and the university may request them later for admission purposes.
Online Submission of Required Documents
The following documents are required for the application process and must be submitted online:
- Transcripts & Reports
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts
- Recommendation Letters: Two recommendation reports (referees will complete and submit them online)
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship
How to apply for Singapore Government Scholarship (SINGA)?
To apply for the SINGA Scholarship, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the SINGA Scholarship website (https://www.a-star.edu.sg/singa-award/Application-Procedure) and read the eligibility criteria carefully.
- Create an account on the SINGA application portal (https://app.a-star.edu.sg/singa/Login.aspx) and fill in your personal details, educational background, and contact information.
- Choose up to three Ph.D. programs that you are interested in from the available options in the SINGA application portal. You can browse the available programs on the A*STAR, NUS, and NTU websites.
- Upload the required documents, including your transcripts, academic certificates, passport, research proposal, and referee reports.
- Submit your application and pay the application fee (if applicable).
- Wait for the notification of your application status. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview with your potential supervisor(s) via video conference.
- If you are selected for the scholarship, you will receive an offer letter with the terms and conditions. You will need to accept the offer and start preparing for your studies in Singapore.