The TN Reconnect Grant is a financial aid program offered to students who are classified as independent on their FAFSA application. To be eligible for this grant, students must enroll in a full-time program at a Tennessee College of Applied Technology. The TN Reconnect Grant provides funding for tuition and mandatory fees that are not covered by other sources of financial aid. This program is designed to help adult learners who have been out of school for some time, or who are seeking to develop new skills for their careers. If you meet the eligibility criteria, applying for the TN Reconnect Grant can help you achieve your educational goals.
TN Reconnect Award Information
The award amount of this scholarship varies depending on the remaining tuition and mandatory fees, after all other gift aids have been applied. It is important to note that this scholarship will be terminated once the student has earned either a certificate or a diploma.
Tennessee Reconnect Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for a certificate or diploma program at a Tennessee College of Applied Technology, you must meet the following requirements:
- Reside in Tennessee as determined by the Tennessee Board of Regents, according to TCA 49-8-104.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the deadline and be classified as an independent student.
- November 1 for Fall enrollment
- March 1 for Winter/Spring enrollment
- July 1 for Summer enrollment
- Enroll in a certificate or diploma program at a Tennessee College of Applied Technology, and maintain satisfactory academic progress and continuous enrollment.
How to Apply for Tennessee Reconnect Grant Scholarship?
If you are interested in applying for the Tennessee Reconnect Grant, you need to complete the application process in four simple steps. Here’s how you can get started:
- Step 1: Apply for the Tennessee Reconnect Grant by creating an account on the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) portal. Please note that mobile devices and Macs are not fully supported for the application process, so it’s recommended to use a laptop or desktop computer with Internet Explorer (Version 6 minimum). Once you have created your account, select “Apply for Scholarships” on the TSAC portal and choose “Tennessee Reconnect.” Complete the application and submit it. After submission, you will receive a personalized Reconnect Success Plan, which you should review, print out or save on your computer.
- Step 2: Apply to your local community college or any other eligible Tennessee Reconnect institution. For a complete list of eligible institutions, please click here.
- Step 3: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by clicking here. If you need assistance with the FAFSA, feel free to reach out to your local community college, Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT), or Reconnect Navigator.
- Step 4: Finally, enroll in a degree or a certificate program at least part-time and launch your future!
For more information about eligibility requirements and institutions you can attend using the Tennessee Reconnect grant, click here.
Deadline for Submitting Applications
Please note the following deadlines for submitting your application:
- Summer trimester: July 1
- Fall trimester: November 1
- Winter/Spring trimester: March 1