Government of Haryana invites Online Application Form for Post Matric Scholarship for SC/BC category students for the Acadmic year 2023-24 through Post Matric Scholarship portal harchhatravratti.highereduhry.ac.in. Those students who come under Scheduled Caste and Backward Cast of Haryana are provided financial assistance by the Government of Haryana under the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme.
Table of Contents
Haryana Post Matric Scholarship 2023-24: Overview
|Haryana Post Matric Scholarship (PMS)
|Department of Higher Education Haryana
|Application is going on from 01 August 2023
|Application Last Date
|29 February 2024
|For more Update
|Join WhatsApp Group
Latest Update: Post Matric Scholarship 2023-24 for SC students has been started from 1 August 2023 and Registration Last Date Extended till 29 February 2024.
|Application Start Date
|01 August 2023
|Application Last Date (Extended)
|29 February 2024
No application Fee is charged for Haryana Post Matric Scholarship 2023-24.
To be eligible for the Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) Haryana Applicants must fulfill the following criteria
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Haryana
- Applicant must be enrolled in Post Matric Courses in any Government , Government Aided and Self Financing Courses institution located within the state of Haryana
- Scholarship will paid to the students whose parent/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs 2,50,000 (Rupees two lakh Fifty thousand only) during last financial year.
- The income certificate shall be issued by the authority as decided by the Haryana government.
- Candidate who after passing one stage of education are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject. E.g. Intermediate Science after Intermediate Arts or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. is one subject after other subjects are not eligible.
- Students who pursue their studies through corresponding/online courses are also eligible. The term correspondence include distant and continuous education for courses in central / state universities only . Non-refundable fees shall be paid and no academic allowance will be paid.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend.
- All seats filled through arbitrary and non-transparent process (including management quota , NRI quota spot admission etc.) without following state merit criteria as decided by the state government are not eligible for these scholarship.
- Students shall be encouraged to have Aadhar linked Bank Account to facilitate payments through the Aadhar Payment Bridge.
Additional Eligibility Criteria for BC Students :
- Students who after having completed their educational career in one professional line , e.g. LLB after B.T/B.Ed will not be eligible.
- Students pursuing Post – Graduate courses in Medicine will be eligible only if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the under graduate / post graduate examination in Arts/Science/ Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate / diploma/ degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except for courses in Group ‘A’ and no further change in the course will be allowed thereafter.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible towards reimbursement of non-refundable fee. The term correspondence include distant and continuous education. Beside reimbursement of non-refundable fee , such students will be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs 900/- for essential / prescribed books as applicable.
- Scholarship should be restricted upto two boys of the same parents / guardian. This restriction will , however not apply to girls.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the central Governmant/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching scheme for the duration of coaching programme .
Scholarship Amount For SC Category Students
- Compulsory non-refundable fees including tuition fees as fixed by the fees/fixation rationalization committee of the State Government
- Academic Allowance
|Group 1- Degree and Postgraduate level professional courses
|Group 2 – Other professional courses leading to Degree/Diploma/Certificate
|Group 3 – Graduate and postgraduate courses not covered under groups 1 and 2
|Group 4 – All post-matriculation (Post lass 10 level) non-degree courses
- Note 1 :- 10% percent extra allowances shall be provided for Divyang Students.
- Note 2 :- Students pursuing CA / ICWA / CS / ICFA shall be treated ad DayScholars for the purpose of academic allowance. Students studying through correspondence / online courses shall not be eligible for academic allowance.
Scholarship Amount for BC Category Students
|Category of Courses
|Group 1 – Degree and Postgraduate level professional courses
|Group 2 – Other professional courses leading to Degree, Diploma, and Certificate
|Group 3 – Graduate and Postgraduate courses that aren’t covered in Group 1 and 2
|Group 4 – All post-matriculation (Post Class 10 level) non-degree courses
- Note :- Scholars who are entitled to free boarding and/or lodging will be paid maintenance chargers at 1/3rd of hostellers rate.
Reader Charges for blind students (Blind Scholars) (For BC Category Students)
|Reader Allowance (Rs. P.M.)
Study Tour (For BC Category Students)
Study Tour charges upto a maximum od Rs. 900/- per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholar studying professional and technical courses , provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for thr scholar for completion of his/her courses of study.
Thesis Typing / Printing charges (For BC Category Students)
Thesis Typing / Printing charges upto a maximum of Rs. 1000 will be paid to research scholar on the recommendation of the head of the institution.
Required Document List
Kindly upload the scanned copy of all the original documents asked in the Post Matric Scholarship Online Application. The list of document to be uploaded is as follows.
- Aadhar Card Copy
- Applicants photograph
- Applicants Signature
- Income Certificate
- Haryana Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- 10th class Certificate
- 12th class certificate
- Parivar Pehchaan Patra
- Fee Receipt
- Last Exam passed Certificate (except for 1st year students )
- BPL Certificate (if applicable)
- Fathers Death Certificate (if applicable)
Steps to apply online application for Haryana Post Matric Scholarship 2023-24
To Register and Apply the scholarship Eligible students need to follow the below given steps.
- STEP 1 :- Click Registration Link at the portal-http://harchhatravratti.highereduhry.ac.in if you are new user , Existing user can click on the login button.
- STEP 2 :- Enter the Parivar Pehchaan Patra (Family Id) , a list of members will be displayed , select your name and click on ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- STEP 3 :- Enter the OTP received on your registered Mobile Number and click on verify button.
- STEP 4 :- After OTP verification all the details get auto filled in the Registration form , cross check your information.
- STEP 5 :- Select your Department and College and create your password and click on Register Button.
- STEP 6 :- Click login link at the Portal and enter User ID and Password to apply the scholarship.
- STEP 7 :- Provide All necessary details like course , Roll Number , Eligibility etc.
- STEP 8 :- Click On the ‘Apply Button’ to save your application.
|Click Here for Registration
|Login For Already registred student
|Apply for PPP (Contact CSC Centre)
- Email :- email@example.com
Q. Is Parivar Pehchan Patra is necessary for taking the benefit of Scholarship?
Ans: Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP) is mandatory for availing any Scholarship benefit. So Student are advised to make ensure their all particulars such as Name, DOB, Aadhar No. etc are fully updated in PPP before applying for any scholarship scheme.
Q. Can the applicant edit the personal information already saved?
Ans: Applicant have to first update the personal information in PPP and then click on the “Fetch latest data from PPP” button.
Q. What should I do, if, by mistake, I apply for wrong scheme?
Ans: You can generate Cancellation Request from Student Login along with scanned copy of application stating the reason. The request will be shown in College Login and College can “Approve” or “Reject” the Cancellation Request of Student. If College “Approve” the request, the wrong application of student will be deleted.
Q. What happens, if I detect mistakes after forwarding the application to the institute?
Ans: You should separately inform the mistakes detected by you to the Scholarship Nodal Officer of your Institute. The institute has to raise the objection as incomplete application, then the application will be available to the student for editing.
Q. How can I edit the entries, which are not editable at Institute level?
Ans: If you have to edit certain entries like Institute Name, Course & Branch, annual Income etc. , which are not editable at Institute level, you should request the Scholarship Nodal Officer of your Institute to “Raise the objection” on your application, mentioning the mistakes detected by you. The Application will then be made available at Student level, by the software. You can then log-in using provided User-id & password and edit the required details. After editing, submit the application again so that it will be forwarded to the Institute.
Q. What should I do, if I do not find my institute name in the drop-down menu?
Ans: You should immediately approach the institute to contact with the Nodal Officer of the implementing department which in turn will register the institute and map with Sanctioning Authority then it will be accessible to you.
Q. Whether I have to scan the certificates and upload in the system before forwarding the online application to the institute?
Ans: Yes, you have to upload the scanned copy of the required documents as per the scheme guidelines.
Q. How to check the status of my application?
Ans: You can check the status of your application anytime. After logging in, you can check the status of applied application on Dashboard. Or you can click on the “Track Application” button on Home Page. Enter the Aadhar No, Scheme and Scheme, this will provide you current / latest status of your Scholarship Application.
Q. Is Aadhar Seeding is necessary for taking the benefit of Scholarship?
Ans: Aadhaar Seeding to bank account is an important requirement for beneficiaries of various DBT schemes to receive DBT benefits in the account. So all the Students are advised to get the Aadhar Seeding done in their Bank account before applying for the scholarship to avoid the payment failure.
Q. What is the process of Aadhar Seeding?
Ans: Following is the process flow of Aadhaar seeding: I. Customer to visit the bank branch where he / she is holding an account and submit the duly filled consent form. II. The bank officials after verifying the details and documents provided (as may be required) and authenticity of the customer based on the signature will accept Aadhaar seeding consent form and provide an acknowledgement to the customer. III. The branch will then link the Aadhaar number to the customer’s account and also in NPCI mapper. IV. Once this activity is completed and Aadhaar number will reflect in NPCI mapper.
Q. Is Aadhar seeding same as Aadhar Linking?
Ans: No, Aadhar Seeding is different from Aadhar Linking. Having only Aadhar Linking will not be eligible for DBT.