Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24: University Grant Commission (UGC) invites online applications for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme. Applicants who have completed their Class 12th or equivalent exam and enrolled in the first year of UG Degree programme are eligible for this scholarship. Interested and eligible students can apply online through NSP Portal i.e. scholarships.gov.in. All the information related to Ishan Uday Scholarship is given below, after reading which you can easily apply online.
We have shared the complete details about Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme in this article such as Apply Date, Eligibility, Last Date, Scholarship Online Apply Process and Link, Scholarship Amount, Official Website and more, so read the complete details before apply online.
Table of Contents
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24: Overview
|Scholarship Name||Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme|
|Department||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|State||North Eastern Region|
|Eligibility||12th Pass Students|
|For More Scholarship Info||Scholarship Online|
|Form More Help||Join WhatsApp|
Latest News: The online registration for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme for the academic year 2023-24 has been started from 01 October 2023 and registration last date is 31 December 2023.
- Application Start Date: 01 October 2023
- Application Last Date: 31 December 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Ishan Uday Scholarship
- The scholarship is open to those students who have passed Class XII or equivalent examination from a school situated within NER through a recognized Board of Education including Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE), National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- The scholarship is available for those students only, who are pursuing a recognized UG degree programmes as specified and notified by UGC from time to time.
- Only the students, who are already admitted in the first year of UG degree programme in an eligible university/college/institution within India, are eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is available to the students for first UG Degree only. Students, who have already acquired any degree, are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarship will be given for the duration of study of UG programme as specified by UGC for each programme, from the start of class in the first year/semester.
- In case of ‘integrated’ and ‘dual degree’ programmes, the scholarship will be payable for the UG component only.
- The scholarship is available for students who are admitted in UG degree programme through ‘Regular/Full Time’ mode only. The students, who are pursuing any UG programme through open/ distance/ correspondence/ private/ part-time mode, are not eligible to apply.
- Students gaining admission through ‘Management Quota’ are not eligible to apply.
- The income of the parents of the student should be below Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum. Students, whose parents’ annual income is Rs.4.5 or more, are not eligible to apply.
- Student should have a valid Domicile Certificate of any State of NER.
- Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e.Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura
- The percentage for this scholarship is not mentioned in the official notification, generally above 60% marks in 12th exam is considered good. If you have less than 60% marks in 12th exam but you have passed 12th exam, you can still apply.
The selection under the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme is done purely on the basis of State-wise merit from among the candidates who have applied for the scholarship under the scheme, through online mode only, on the designated portal, i.e., National Scholarship Portal of Government of India.
In case of tie/more than one candidate having similar marks in their XII class examination, at the lowest level of merit list, the list shall be further short listed/segregated on the basis of marks obtained by them in X class. In case, there are still more candidates in the merit list as compared to the desired/declared slots, further short listing shall be done on the basis of age of candidates. Older candidates shall be given preference over younger candidates.
The scholarship amount will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS,BDS, B.Arch, BTech etc.) to selected candidates.
|General UG Degree courses|
(BA, BSc., B.Com, BMS, BBA etc.)
|Rs. 5,400/- Per Month|
|Technical, Professional, Medical, Paramedical courses etc||Rs. 7,800/- Per Month|
Renewals for Scholarship
- Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first degree course, subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on successful completion of first year of study. The scholarship will be renewed each year for subsequent years of study.
- During the next year of study, students are required to apply for ‘Renewal’ of their scholarship on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- Students failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Change in ‘course of study’ and ‘institution’ is not permitted. If the student changes the course of study or change the institution, the scholarship will stand forfeited from the date of such a change.
- Normally the NSP is opened for ‘Fresh’ and ‘Renewal’ applications, at the same time. Only those applications are accepted, which are verified by the Institutions within the given time frame. Therefore, institutions are advised to verify the‘Renewal’ applications of its students on NSP along with fresh applications. For verifying ‘Renewal’ applications, the institutions are required to upload a scanned copy of Certificate on NSP. A format of Certificate for ‘Renewal’ applications is attached below.
How to apply online for Ishan Uday Scholarship at scholarships.gov.in ?
The process for applying for the Ishan Uday Scholarship involves several steps through NSP Portal. Here are given steps how to apply for Online application and registration:
- Step 1: Registration
- Step 2: Login
- Step 3: Select Scholarship
- Step 4: Fill Application
- Step 5: Upload Documents
- Step 5: Review and Submit
- Step 6: Print Application
The documents required for online application of Ishan Uday scholarship application are as follows:
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate of any State of NER (Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Bank Account Linked with Aadhar
|Click Here for NSP Registration|
|Click Here To Applicant Login to Complete Application Form|
Fresh Application || Renewal Application
|Official Guidelines of Ishan Uday Scholarship|
Procedure for Disbursement of Scholarship
Scholarship to the identified students (as certified, verified by the institutions under this scheme) will be disbursed by UGC through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) Mode and will be transferred to the Aadhar Linked Bank Account of student. This procedure will be completed through PFMS.
UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship: FAQ’s
Q. When will UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship online application be started for the year 2023-24?
Ans. The online application of Ishan Uday scholarship has been started from 01 October 2023.
Q. What is the last date for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023-24?
Ans. Last date for submission of online application is 31 December 2023.
Q. Who can apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme?
Ans. Students who have passed their 12th Class and enrolled in the 1st year/ semester of UG Courses are eligible for this scholarship.
Q. What is the official website of UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship?
A. Interested and eligible candidates can register through NSP Portal i.e. https://scholarships.gov.in.
Q. What percentage is required for Ishan Uday Scholarship?
A. The percentage for this scholarship is not mentioned in the official notification, generally above 60% marks in 12th exam is considered good. If you have less than 60% marks in 12th exam but you have passed 12th exam, you can still apply.