NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication: In order to disburse the scholarship under scholarship schemes to the Ministry of Minority Affairs, the Government after considering the findings of the physical verification of Institutes/ beneficiaries for academic year 2022- 23, carried out by National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) wherein various discrepancies in authenticity of institutes/ beneficiaries have been noticed, decided to re-validate the applications and verification of SNO/DNO/INO/HoI/applicants by organizing special drive through Aadhar based bio-metric authentication.
In interest of prompt disbursement of Scholarship amount, applicants are suggested to make sure that the Aadhaar number provided is seeded with the Bank Account as the payment of Scholarships will be made through Aadhaar Based Payment System, only.
The updation of their Aadhaar in NSP portal will be done by all concerned (SNO, DNO, HoI, INO and applicants) to observe the guidelines/instructions posted on NSP portal and before 13th September 2023 to facilitate smooth Aadhaar based authentication. In case the applicant is below 18 years of age, Aadhaar details of his/her parents/legal guardian is to be updated.
Latest Update: Applicants who are not residing the District/State of their institution due to reasons related to further studies/professional engagement and are willing to undergo bio authentication in place of district convenient to them are hereby provided with a one-time opportunity to opt for this facility from 05th Sept 2023(11 AM) to 10 Sept (7PM). The applicant can furnish their option through their NSP login and select state / district of their choice for bio-authentication. It is once again informed that the opportunity is irreversible and one time. The applicants are advised to take utmost care while furnishing their option. Option once exercised will not be reconsidered for change in any case. Special camps shall be organized on 12th and 13th September 2023.
Latest Update: जो आवेदक संबंधित कारणों से अपनी संस्था के जिले/राज्य में नहीं रह रहे हैं आगे की पढ़ाई/पेशेवर भागीदारी और जैव प्रमाणीकरण से गुजरने के इच्छुक हैं उनके लिए सुविधाजनक जिले के आवेदकों को इसे चुनने का एक बार अवसर प्रदान किया जाता है सुविधा 05 सितंबर, 2023 (सुबह 11 बजे) से 10 सितंबर (शाम 7 बजे) तक। आवेदक अपना विकल्प प्रस्तुत कर सकते हैं अपने एनएसपी लॉगिन के माध्यम से और जैव-प्रमाणीकरण के लिए अपनी पसंद के राज्य/जिले का चयन करें। एक बार फिर सूचित किया जाता है कि अवसर अपरिवर्तनीय और एक बार का है। आवेदक हैं अपना विकल्प प्रस्तुत करते समय अत्यधिक सावधानी बरतने की सलाह दी गई। एक बार प्रयोग किए गए विकल्प पर किसी भी स्थिति में परिवर्तन के लिए पुनर्विचार नहीं किया जाएगा। संबंधित ज़िले में 12 एवं 13 सितम्बर 2023 को विशेष शिविर आयोजित किये जायेंगे।
Table of Contents
NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication Complete Process
All students who applied for NSP Scholarship 2022-23 and have received the following text message on their mobile devices:
“Dear applicant, your are requested to get your bio-metric authentication done for your Scholarship 2022-23. Please update your or your parents/ guardian (in case of minor), Aadhar on NSP by 13.09.2023, if not already done”
These students are instructed to perform NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication for their scholarship applications before 13.09.2023 at CSC centres in presence of HoI / INO.
Full form of HoI, INO, DNO, SNO, CSC:
- HoI stands for Head of Institute
- INO stands for Institute Nodal Officer
- DNO stands for District Nodal Officer
- SNO stands for State Nodal Officer
- CSC stands for Common Service Centre
Where to update Aadhaar for NSP Biometric Authentication?
All students are instructed to finalize the NSP biometric authentication process for their scholarship applications before the Last Date 13th September 2023. Biometric Authentication should be attended in respective Institute Camps organized by CSC in presence of HoI / INO. Common Service Center (CSC) has been authorized to perform Biometric Authentication. If anyone fails/not completed Biometric Authentication his application will be marked as ‘Rejected‘.
Biometric Authentication should be attended in respective Institute Camps organized by CSC in presence of HoI / INO.
Documents/ Details are required for Biometric Authentication
Remember to carry your NSP Account Details (Aadhar Card, Application ID, Username, and Password) when visiting the CSC Centre for the biometric authentication process for your scholarship application.
Procedure of Biometric Authentication of applicants
- Common Service Centre (CSC) VLE will conduct camps in the institutions to perform the biometric authentication of the re- validated applicants.
- Applicants will report to CSC VLE along with Aadhaar number and NSP user Id for Biometric Authentication.
- CSC VLE will validate information reported by Applicants through the NSP biometric authentication utility.
- If the information provided by the Applicants matches with an entry in NSP database, details of Applicants will be returned to NSP-BA utility which will be shown to Applicants for confirmation and then CSC VLE will take a live photograph of Applicants.
- CSC VLE will perform biometric authentication for Applicants after successful validation.
- On successful biometric authentication data will be stored in the CSC database and NSP portal will be updated with success/failure of biometric authentication along with other transaction details.
Procedure of Applicants Re-validation of by INOs/DNOs
- Successfully biometric authenticated applications will be made available in the INO logins for re-validation.
- Re- validation will be opened for INO, only if bio-auth of HoI and INO of that institute is successful.
- SMS will also be sent to these students informing that their application is reverted to their INOs for re-validation.
- In case applications are not re-validated by INO till the last cut-off date of application re-validation by INO, the applications will be escalated to SNO’s/DNO’s login for re-validation.
- While re-validation by L1 or L2 officers, the application will be marked Accepted or Rejected. No other option will be available during re-validation.
NSP Biometric Authentication: FAQ’s
Q. Where will the Biometric Authentication drive take place?
A. At respective Institute in CSC Camps
Q. What is the last date of NSP Biometric Authentication?
A. NSP Biometric Authentication last date is upto 13th September 2023.
Q. What is the official website of National Scholarship Portal Biometric Authentication Utility (NSP – BAU)?
A. The official website is www.nspbau.in.
Q. Can I do my Biometric Authentication in any other Institute or other District?
A. No, Biometric Authentication should be attended in respective Institute Camps organized by CSC in presence of HoI / INO.
Q. What is the full form of HoI, INO, DNO?
A. HoI stands for Head of Institution, INO stands for Institution Nodal Officer and DNO stands for District Nodal Officer