National Scholarship For Postgraduate (PG) Students: University Grant Commission (UGC) invites online applications for National Scholarship for PG Studies. Applicants who have completed their Graduation Degree from a UGC approved institute and admitted in the first year of PG Degree programme are eligible for this scholarship. Scholarship amount is given at the rate of Rs 15,000/- per month for 10 months in a year.
Interested and eligible students can apply online through NSP Portal i.e. scholarships.gov.in. All the information related to Postgraduate (PG) Scholarship is given below, after reading which you can easily apply online.
We have shared the complete details about Postgraduate Scholarship in this article such as Apply Date, Eligibility, Last Date, Scholarship Online Apply Process and Link, Scholarship Amount, Official Website and more, so read the complete details before apply online.
Table of Contents
National Scholarship For Postgraduate (PG) Students 2023: Overview
|Scholarship Name||National Scholarship For Postgraduate (PG) Studies|
|Department||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|Eligibility||Graduation Pass Students|
|Eligible Category||SC/ ST/ OBC/ General (All Categories)|
|No. of Scholarships||10,000 Students|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs 15,000/- Per Month for 10 Months in a Year|
|Scholarship Status||Registration is going on|
|Application Last Date||31 December 2023|
|For More Help||Join WhatsApp|
Latest News: The online registration for National Scholarship for PG studies for the academic year 2023-24 has been started from 01 October 2023 and registration last date is 31 December 2023.
- Application Start Date: 01 October 2023
- Application Last Date: 31 December 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate (PG) Scholarship
- This scholarship is available to the students for the first Postgraduate (PG) Degree programme only. Students, who have already acquired any postgraduate degree, are not eligible to apply.
- Only the students, who are already admitted in the first year of PG degree programme in an eligible university/college/institution, are eligible to apply.
- In case of integrated programmes, the scholarship shall be given for PG component only.
- Only students who are below the age of 30 years of age as on the date of admission in the first semester/year of a PG programme are eligible to apply under these schemes.
- The scholarship is available only for students who are admitted to PG degree programme through ‘Regular/Full Time’ mode. The students, who are pursuing any PG programme through open/distance/correspondence mode, private or part-time mode, are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is available only for students who are pursuing recognized PG degree programmes leading to specified PG degrees notified by UGC from time to time i.e. the nomenclature and duration of course should be as per UGC Notification on Specification of Degrees, 2014, as amended from time to time.
- The income of the parents of the student should be below Rs. 8 lakh per annum. (This is the expected amount, as it is not officially mentioned about the family annual income)
Note: The slots reserved for women students, will be filled first by ‘Single/twin/fraternal Girl Child’, without considering their marks in UG examination. The remaining slots will be filled up by merit.
The slots shall be allocated as per Govt. of India reservation policy. However 30% slots will be reserved for the women candidates.
- The selection shall be made strictly as per the merit of candidates except in case of ‘Single/Twin/Fraternal Girl Child’.
- The slots shall be allocated as per Govt. of India reservation policy. However, 30% of slots will be reserved for women candidates.
- Further, 50% of slots under each category are earmarked for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Law, Management, and other 50% are earmarked for Science, Engineering & Technology, medical, technical, agriculture, forestry programs.
- In case of tie/more than one candidate having similar marks in their UG examination, at the lowest level of the merit list, the list shall be further shortlisted/segregated on the basis of marks obtained by them in Under-graduation (UG).
- If there are still more candidates in the merit list as compared to the desired/declared slots, further shortlisting shall be done on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in XII class.
- The result shall be declared normally in the month of November/December of the same year by NSP.
- Candidates shall be able to check their result on the National Scholarship Portal by using their User ID and Password generated at the time of filing the online application.
Around Ten Thousand (10000) National Scholarships are given by UGC to Indian students to pursue higher studies within India at the rate of Rs 15,000/- per month for 10 months per year under the scheme ‘National Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies‘.
Renewals for Scholarship
- Scholarship granted under the scheme will be kept renewed during the period of first degree course, subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on successful completion of first year of study.
- During the next year of study, students are required to apply for ‘Renewal’ of their scholarship on the National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India. Short notification will also be uploaded on the UGC website.
- Students who fail to be promoted to the next class/level will not be eligible for scholarship.
- Change in ‘course of study’ and ‘institution’ is not permitted. If the student changes the course of study or change the institution, the scholarship will stand forfeited from the date of such a change.
How to apply online for NSP Postgraduate Scholarship at scholarships.gov.in ?
The process for applying for the NSP National Postgraduate Scholarship involves several steps. NSP is a digital scholarship platform that offers various scholarships to students. Here are given steps how to apply for NSP PG Scholarships:
- Step 1: Registration
- Step 2: Login
- Step 3: Select Scholarship
- Step 4: Fill Application
- Step 5: Upload Documents
- Step 5: Review and Submit
- Step 6: Print Application
The documents required for online application of NSP Postgraduate scholarship application are as follows:
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Bank Account Linked with Aadhar
|Click Here for NSP Registration|
|Click Here To Applicant Login to Complete Application Form|
Fresh Application || Renewal Application
|Official Guidelines of National Scholarship for PG Students|
Procedure for Disbursement of Scholarship
Scholarship to the identified students (as certified, verified by the institutions under this scheme) will be disbursed by UGC through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) Mode and will be transferred to the Aadhar Linked Bank Account of student. This procedure will be completed through PFMS.
In case, a student does not have a separate KYC compliant bank account in their name, he/she should open a KYC compliant bank account in his/her name and give its correct information in the online application. Even if a student is selected for scholarship, the payment of scholarship may not be generated due to mis-match of name of student, bank account number, IFSC code etc.
NSP PG Scholarship: FAQ’s
Q. When will NSP UGC PG Scholarship online application be started for the year 2023-24?
Ans. The online application of UGC PG scholarship has been started from 01 October 2023.
Q. What is the last date for NSP PG Scholarship 2023-24?
Ans. Last date for submission of online application is 31 December 2023.
Q. Who can apply for National Scholarship for PG Studies?
Ans. Students who have obtained their Graduation Degree and enrolled in the 1st year/ semester of PG Courses are eligible for this scholarship.
Q. What is the official website of National PG Scholarship?
A. Interested and eligible candidates can register through NSP Portal i.e. https://scholarships.gov.in.