Central Sector Scholarship 2023-24: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) invites online applications for Central Sector Scholarship for College and University students for the year 2023-24. Interested and eligible students can apply online application through the official portal of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) i.e. http://scholarships.gov.in. All the information related to Central Scholarship Scheme is given below, after reading which you can easily apply online.
The Central Scholarships are awarded by Ministry of Education, Government of India on the basis of results of Higher Secondary / Class 12th Board Examination. A maximum of 82,000 fresh scholarships per year are provided for pursuing Undergraduate (UG) / Postgraduate (PG) degree in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
Table of Contents
Central Sector Scholarship 2023-24: Overview
|Scholarship Name||Central Sector Scholarship Scheme|
|Also Known as||Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Yojana|
|Department||Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education|
|Scholarship For||College and University Students|
• Graduation (UG)
• Post-Graduation (PG)
|Eligibility||12th Pass Students|
|Scholarship Amount||• Rs. 12,000/-per annum for Graduation Level|
• Rs. 20,000/-per annum for Post Graduation Level
|Application Last Date||31 December 2023|
- Application Start Date: 01 October 2023
- Application Last Date: 31 December 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
- The applicant must have above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class 12th of 10+2 pattern or equivalent.
- The applicant must be enrolled in regular degree courses and not correspondence or distance mode or pursuing Diploma courses.
- The applicant must be pursuing courses at colleges/institutions recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and respective Regulatory Bodies concerned.
- The applicant must not be the availing benefit of any other scholarship schemes including State-run scholarship schemes/ fee waivers & reimbursement schemes.
- The total parental/family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs.4,50,000 per annum.
- For renewal of scholarship in each year of study, besides getting at least 50% marks in the Annual Examination, maintenance of adequate attendance of at least 75%, will also be the criteria.
- Rs. 12,000/-per annum at the Graduation level for the first three years of College and University courses.
- Rs. 20,000 per annum at the Post Graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of the course is five (5) years/Integrated course will get ₹20,000/-per annum in the 4th and 5th year.
- Students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech, B.Engg. will get scholarship up to graduation level only i.e. ₹12,000 p.a. for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year and ₹20,000 in the 4th year.
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
Procedure for Application
- The applications are received online through National Scholarships Portal (NSP) – www.scholarships.gov.in
- Verification of credentials of the students like caste, educational qualifications, etc. is done through the DIGILOCKER facility of the MeitY, Govt. of India.
- The Guidelines for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme application, verification, selection, and disbursement of the scholarship will be as per the NSP.
- A selection list would be generated/displayed on NSP Portal.
- Online applications will be verified at two levels i.e by the Institute, where the student is studying, and thereafter by the concerned State Higher Education Department or any other Agency/ Official nominated by the State as State Nodal Agency (both for fresh and renewal applicants).
- The latest guideline on Timelines will be made available on NSP.
- Students will not be permanently debarred for scholarships due to delays to renew or verification. However, students will have to submit renewal applications within a cut-off date. Renewal for that year will not be allowed if an applicant misses this deadline.
How to apply online application for Central Sector Scholarship Scheme at NSP Portal- scholarships.gov.in ?
The process for applying for the Central Sector Scholarship involves several steps through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). NSP is a digital scholarship platform that offers various scholarships to students. Here are given registration steps how to apply for the Scholarships:
- Step 1: Registration
- Step 2: Login
- Step 3: Select Scholarship
- Step 4: Fill Application
- Step 5: Upload Documents
- Step 5: Review and Submit
- Step 6: Print Application
Aadhaar Based Authentication
College and Universities will apprise the students about the “PM-USP CSSS” during admission. Aadhaar based authentication of Institute Nodal Officer (INO)/ State Nodal Officer (SNO) is mandatory for every Institution/State before verification of the applications. INO/SNO should be a regular employee.