Examination Regulation Authority UP, PNP Prayagraj invites online application for UP NMMS Scholarship Examination 2024-25 through the official portal i.e. entdata.co.in. In the current session, only those students who are studying in class 8 in government / local body and non-government aided schools can apply for the National Income and Merit Based Scholarship Scheme Examination 2024-25. The scholarship will be given from Class 9th and would continue till Class 12th at the rate of Rs 12000/- per annum.
In this article, we have shared the complete details about UP NMMS Scholarship such as Apply Date, Eligibility, Last Date, Scholarship Online Apply Process and Link, Scholarship Amount, NMMS Result, Admit Card, Official Website and more, so read the complete details before apply online.
Latest Update: UP NMMS Scholarship Registration Last date has been extended upto 28 September 2023.
Table of Contents
UP NMMS Scholarship 2023: Overview
|Scholarship Name||National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)|
|Department||Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 12,000 Per Annum|
|Beneficiary||Students of Class 9th to 12th|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs 12000/- per annum|
(Class 09th to 12th)
|Application Last Date||28 September 2023|
|For More Details||Join WhatsApp Group|
|Application Start Date||23 August 2023|
|Application Last Date (Extended)||28 September 2023|
|Exam Date||05 November 2023|
|Admit Card Download||Updated Soon|
|Result Declaration||Updated Soon|
Eligibility Criteria for UP NMMS Scholarship
To be eligible for the UP NMMS scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Students studying in 8th Class in Government, Local body and Govt. aided Schools are eligible for this Scheme.
- The students must have obtained minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class 7th examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relaxation by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
- Parental income from all sources should not exceed than Rs. 3, 50,000/- per annum. Parental Income Certificate issued by Chandigarh Administration has to be attached with the application form.
- Note that students enrolled in ‘Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVS)’ and ‘Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV)’ are not eligible for scholarships through NMMS program.
- For continuation of scholarship in higher secondary school, the candidate must score at least 60% marks in the class 10 board exam.
- To be eligible to continue receiving the scholarship in class 12, the recipient must have cleared class 11 in their first attempt with a minimum score of 55% or its equivalent. Students belonging to the SC/ST category are granted a 5% relaxation in marks.
Steps to Apply Online Application For UP NMMS Scholarship 2024-25
Follow the step-by-step guide for completing the UP NMMS scholarship application form:
- Step-1: Visit the UP NMMS official website- https://entdata.co.in for Registration, the registration link has mentioned below in the important link section.
- Step-2: Download the school certificate by entering your registration number and take a print out of it, then get it signed by the headmaster/headmistress of your school.
- Step-3: Upload the following documents:
- Upload the Attested/Signature Certificate
- Upload the income certificate of their guardian.
- Upload your passport size clear photograph
- Upload your signature from part (d) of the third step.
- Step-4: Upload the reservation certificate.
- Step-5: In the last step, take out your final print and keep it safe with you.
- Registered Mobile Number
- Aadhar Card
- Email ID
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Disability status certificate issued by the competent authority
- Photocopy of the Class 7 report card
UP NMMS Examination and Selection Process
The NMMS scholarship, a scheme by the Central Government, is conducted by each State/UT for their respective students. The selection process includes two tests – the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The NCERT sets the guidelines for these tests, which should be completed within 90 minutes by applicants, except for children with special abilities who are given extra time. The State Level Examination Test details are provided below.
UP NMMS Examination Process:
The examination will be conducted in one session in two parts:
- Part I: General Mental Ability Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions.
- Part II: Academic Aptitude Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions (35 Science, 35 Social Science and 20 Mathematics).
- 1) GEN, BC & PH : 40% (36 MARKS)
- 2) SC & ST : 32% (29 MARKS)
- NOTE:The student must Qualify both the tests i.e., Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with at least 40% marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests.
Q. Who is eligible to apply for the UP NMMS exam?
A. Students must have a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) or an equivalent grade in their Class 7 examination in order to be eligible for the NMMS selection test held during Class 8 for consideration under the scholarship scheme. The annual income of the parents/guardian of a student must not exceed ₹3,50,000 from all sources.
Q. What is UP NMMS Exam Pattern?
A. The examination will be conducted in one session in two parts –
(l) Part I: General Mental Ability Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions.
(ll) Part II: Academic Aptitude Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions (35 Science, 35 Social Science and 20 Mathematics).
Q. How to apply online for the UP NMMS Scholarship?
A. Students can apply for the UP NMMS through Official Website-entdata.co.in