Bihar NMMS Scholarship Exam 2024: State Council of Education Research and Training (SCERT), Bihar invites online application form for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Examination 2024 to the academic session 2023-24 from students studying in the class VIII in state.
In the current session 2023-24, only those students who are studying in class 8 in government / local body and non-government aided schools can apply online for NMMSS Examination 2024 through SCERT official website- scert.bihar.gov.in. The scholarship will be given from Class 9th and would continue till Class 12th at the rate of Rs 12000/- per annum.
In this article, we have shared the complete details about Bihar NMMS Scholarship such as Apply Date, Eligibility, Last Date, Scholarship Online Apply Process and Link, Scholarship Amount, NMMS Result, Admit Card, Official Website and more, so read the complete details before apply online.
Latest Update: Bihar NMMS Scholarship Exam Online Form for the academic session 2023-24 will be started from 10th October 2023. The online apply link has given below in the important link section.
Table of Contents
Bihar NMMS Scholarship Exam Online Form 2024: Overview
|Scholarship Name||Bihar NMMSS Scholarship 2024|
|Exam Conducted By||SCERT, Bihar|
|Beneficiary||Students of Class 9th to 12th|
|Eligible Students||Students studying in Class 8th|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs 12000/- per annum|
(Class 09th to 12th)
|Number of Scholarships||5433 Students|
|Application Last Date||03 November 2023|
|Current Status||Registration Link Active|
|For More Details||Join WhatsApp Group|
Important Dates For Bihar NMMS Exam 2024
|Application Start Date||10 October 2023|
|Application Last Date||03 November 2023|
|Exam Date||07 January 2024|
|Admit Card Download||26 December 2023 to|
07 January 2024
|Provisional Answer Key||13 January 2024|
|Challenge for Wrong Answer in Provisional Answer Key||20 January 2024|
Eligibility Criteria for Bihar NMMS Scholarship
To be eligible for the Bihar NMMS scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Students studying in 8th Class in Government, Local body and Govt. aided Schools are eligible for this Scheme.
- The students must have obtained minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class 7th examination in the academic year 2022-23 for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relaxation by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
- Parental income from all sources should not exceed than Rs. 3, 50,000/- per annum. Parental Income Certificate issued by Chandigarh Administration has to be attached with the application form.
- Note that students enrolled in ‘Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVS)’ and ‘Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV)’ are not eligible for scholarships through NMMS program.
- For continuation of scholarship in higher secondary school, the candidate must score at least 60% marks in the class 10 board exam.
- To be eligible to continue receiving the scholarship in class 12, the recipient must have cleared class 11 in their first attempt with a minimum score of 55% or its equivalent. Students belonging to the SC/ST category are granted a 5% relaxation in marks.
Steps to Apply Online Application For Bihar NMMS Scholarship 2024-25
Follow the step-by-step guide for completing the Bihar NMMS scholarship examination Registration and submission of application form:
- Step-1: Visit the Bihar NMMS official website- https://scert.bihar.gov.in for Registration, the registration link has mentioned below in the important link section.
- Step-2: Click on New Registration, a new page will open in and fill all the personal details and click on SEND OTP
- Step-3: After Registration, you will get User ID & Password, by using this complete the application form.
- Step-4: Upload the following documents:
- Upload the Attested/Signature Certificate
- Upload the income certificate of their guardian.
- Upload your passport size clear photograph
- Upload your signature from part (d) of the third step.
- Step-5: Upload the reservation certificate.
- Step-6: In the last step, take out your final print and keep it safe with you.
- Registered Mobile Number
- Aadhar Card
- Email ID
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Disability status certificate issued by the competent authority
- Photocopy of the Class 7 report card
|Click Here for Bihar NMMS Registration|
|Join WhatsApp Group|
Bihar NMMSS Examination, Syllabus and Selection Process
The NMMS scholarship, a scheme by the Central Government and Bihar NMMS Scholarship exam is conducted by SCERT, Patna for their respective students. The selection process includes two tests – the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Duration of the Scholarship Test
The NCERT sets the guidelines for these tests, which should be completed within 90 minutes by applicants, except for children with special abilities who are given extra time.
Bihar NMMS Examination Process:
The examination will be conducted in one session in two parts:
- Part I: General Mental Ability Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions.
- Part II: Academic Aptitude Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions (35 Science, 35 Social Science and 20 Mathematics).
- 1) GEN, BC & PH : 40% (36 MARKS)
- 2) SC & ST : 32% (29 MARKS)
- NOTE:The student must Qualify both the tests i.e., Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with at least 40% marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests.
Disbursement of NMMS Scholarship Amount
The selected students in scholarship test, will be required to open bank accounts, preferably in SBI, or any public sector bank, or any scheduled bank which has core banking facility.
The eligible students will apply on the National Scholarship portal (NSP) for NMMS Scholarship Registration, which will be verified by the State Governments and UT Administrations and finally sent to the Ministry for the sanction of funds. The final list of students verified at all concerned levels on the National Scholarship portal will be considered for the sanction of funds. The scholarships for those students will be discontinued if they would not have been able to renew their application on NSP within the stipulated time period. The sanction of funds will be done from the Annual Budget provision for releasing them to SBI, the implementing bank for the scheme, for the disbursal of scholarships to students directly into their bank accounts by electronic transfer through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Q. Who is eligible to apply for the Bihar NMMS exam?
A. Students must have a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) or an equivalent grade in their Class 7 examination in order to be eligible for the NMMS selection test held during Class 8 for consideration under the scholarship scheme. The annual income of the parents/guardian of a student must not exceed ₹3,50,000 from all sources.
Q. What is Bihar NMMS Exam Pattern?
A. The examination will be conducted by SCERT, Bihar in one session in two parts –
(l) Part I: General Mental Ability Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions.
(ll) Part II: Academic Aptitude Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions (35 Science, 35 Social Science and 20 Mathematics).
Q. How to apply online for the Bihar NMMS Scholarship Exam Online Form?
A. Students can apply for the Bihar NMMS through SCERT, Patna Official Website-scert.bihar.gov.in.