Jharkhand NMMS Scholarship 2023-24: Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) invites online application form for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Examination 2023-24 from students studying in the class VIII in state.
Students who are studying in class 8 in government / local body and non-government aided schools can apply online for NMMSS Examination 2023-24 through JAC official website jac-nmms.com. The scholarship will be given from Class 9th and would continue till Class 12th at the rate of Rs 12000/- per annum.
In this article, we have shared the complete details about NMMS Jharkhand Scholarship such as Apply Date, Eligibility, Last Date, Scholarship Online Apply Process and Link, Scholarship Amount, Jharkhand NMMS Exam Result, Admit Card, Official Website and more, so read the complete details before apply online.
Table of Contents
Jharkhand NMMS Scholarship 2023-24: Overview
|Scholarship Name||Jharkhand NMMS Scholarship 2023-24|
|NMMS Exam Conducted By||Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC)|
|Eligibility||Students studying in 8th Class|
|For More Scholarship Info||Scholarship Online|
|For More Details||Join WhatsApp Group|
Latest Update: Jharkhand NMMS Scholarship Exam Online Form for the academic session 2023-24 has been started from 17th October 2023 and Last date is 17th November 2023. The online apply link has given below in the important link section.
|Application Start Date||17 October 2023|
|Application Last Date||17 November 2023|
|Exam Date||17 December 2023|
|Admit Card Download||Updated Soon|
Eligibility Criteria for Jharkhand NMMS Scholarship Exam
To be eligible for appearing in the Jharkhand NMMS scholarship Exam, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Students studying in 8th Class in Government, Local body and Govt. aided Schools are eligible for this Scheme.
- The students must have obtained minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade in Class 7th examination in the academic year 2022-23 for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relaxation by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
- Parental income from all sources should not exceed than Rs. 3, 50,000/- per annum. Parental Income Certificate issued by Chandigarh Administration has to be attached with the application form.
- Note that students enrolled in ‘Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVS)’ and ‘Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV)’ are not eligible for scholarships through NMMS program.
- For continuation of scholarship in higher secondary school, the candidate must score at least 60% marks in the class 10 board exam.
- To be eligible to continue receiving the scholarship in class 12, the recipient must have cleared class 11 in their first attempt with a minimum score of 55% or its equivalent. Students belonging to the SC/ST category are granted a 5% relaxation in marks.
Exam Fee to Apply Online Application
|General/ OBC||Rs. 250/-|
Steps to Apply Online Application For Jharkhand NMMS Scholarship Exam 2023-24:
Follow the step-by-step guide for completing the Jharkhand NMMS scholarship examination Registration and submission of application form:
- Step-1: Visit the Jharkhand JAC official website- https://www.jac-nmms.com for Registration, the registration link has also mentioned below in the important link section.
- Step-2: Click on “Click Here to Submit Application Form“, a new page will open in and fill all the required details like Personal Details, Address, Institution Details, Bank Details, Parental & Family Details, Educational Details.
- Step-3: Upload Photo & Signature
- Step-4: Click on Submit Button, after successful submission of your application, take the printout of the submitted application form.
- Step-5: Now, Make Payment,. after successful payment for your application form, follow instruction as appearing in the screen / as sent to you via email.
- Submit a copy of the paid application form alongwith copy of requisite details/certificates to the school whose details has been entered by you in the application form for onward transmission of the same to the D.E.O. of the district.
- Once your application is approved / rejected (as the case may be) by the D.E.O. you will receive intimation for the same via email.
- Log into your account post receiving of email and download copy of your application. The application form so downloaded will contain the word “Your application is Approved” / “Your application is Rejected” (as the case may be) in the last paragraph of the printout.
- Application form containing the text “Your application is Approved” in the last paragraph i.e. “Certification by the District Education Officer (D.E.O.)” of the printout indicates your candidature for NMMSS Examination 2023-24 has been approved by the DEO.
- Registered Mobile Number
- Aadhar Card
- Email ID
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Disability status certificate issued by the competent authority
- Photocopy of the Class 7 report card/ Obtained Marks
|Click Here to Submit NMMS Application Form|
|Click Here to Check Status/ Make Payment|
|Jharkhand NMMS Official Website- jac-nmms.com|
|Join WhatsApp Group|
Jharkhand NMMSS Examination, Syllabus and Selection Process
The NMMS scholarship, a scheme by the Central Government and Jharkhand NMMS Scholarship exam is conducted by Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) for their respective students. The selection process includes two tests – the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Duration of the Scholarship Test
The NCERT sets the guidelines for these tests, which should be completed within 90 minutes by applicants, except for children with special abilities who are given extra time.
NMMS Examination Process:
The examination will be conducted in one session in two parts:
- Part I: General Mental Ability Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions.
- Part II: Academic Aptitude Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions (35 Science, 35 Social Science and 20 Mathematics).
- 1) GEN, BC & PH : 40% (36 MARKS)
- 2) SC & ST : 32% (29 MARKS)
- NOTE:The student must Qualify both the tests i.e., Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with at least 40% marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests.
Disbursement of NMMS Scholarship Amount
The selected students in scholarship test, will be required to open bank accounts, preferably in SBI, or any public sector bank, or any scheduled bank which has core banking facility.
The scholarship will be given from Class 9th and would continue till Class 12th at the rate of Rs 12000/- per annum.
The eligible students will apply on the National Scholarship portal (NSP) for NMMS Scholarship Registration, which will be verified by the State Governments and UT Administrations and finally sent to the Ministry for the sanction of funds. The final list of students verified at all concerned levels on the National Scholarship portal will be considered for the sanction of funds. The scholarships for those students will be discontinued if they would not have been able to renew their application on NSP within the stipulated time period. The sanction of funds will be done from the Annual Budget provision for releasing them to SBI, the implementing bank for the scheme, for the disbursal of scholarships to students directly into their bank accounts by electronic transfer through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Jharkhand NMMS Helpline
- Address : Gyandeep Campus, Bargawan, Namkum, Ranchi – 834010
- Phone No.: 18003456523 / 0651-2261183 (10:30 am to 5:00 pm)
- Fax No.: 0651-2261999
- e-mail: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. Who is eligible to apply for the Jharkhand NMMS exam 2023-24?
A. Students must have a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) or an equivalent grade in their Class 7 examination in order to be eligible for the NMMS selection test held during Class 8 for consideration under the scholarship scheme. The annual income of the parents/guardian of a student must not exceed ₹3,50,000 from all sources.
Q. What is Jharkhand NMMS Exam Pattern and Syllabus?
A. The examination will be conducted by Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) in one session in two parts –
(l) Part I: General Mental Ability Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions.
(ll) Part II: Academic Aptitude Test – consisting of 90 multiple choice questions (35 Science, 35 Social Science and 20 Mathematics).
Q. How to apply online for the Jharkhand NMMS Scholarship Exam Online Form?
A. Students can apply for the Jharkhand NMMS through JAC Official Website-jac-nmms.com.